Rust & Substrate Developer
Aleph Zero was established in early 2018 with a vision to provide the first truly scalable, decentralized, and open-sourced DLT ecosystem. After almost three years on the market, we’re confident that we’re going in the right direction.
We’re building a new blockchain platform using our novel protocols published in scientific papers. We work on problems in the fields of cryptography, concurrent algorithms, and distributed systems. In order to solve those challenges, we need your help. We’re using Rust—a cutting-edge language that’s rapidly gaining traction—and Substrate, which is a Rust framework for blockchain development.
The project team raised $5M in pre-seed and seed stage from well-known funds, angel investors, and organizations in the blockchain space.
Depending on your location and preferred employment terms, you will be engaged through the Aleph Zero Foundation (https://alephzero.org) or our R&D partners at Cardinal Cryptography (https://cardinals.cc).
We're looking for software developers with proven Rust experience, working knowledge of Substrate, and general familiarity with blockchain technologies. Don’t worry if you’re not fluent in any of those—we will provide you with well-structured onboarding and recurring seminars to build upon what you already know. Both Rust and Substrate are becoming increasingly popular in the distributed ledger space, and the investment in learning the technology will only become more relevant over time—for the project, and for you as an individual.
You’ll be working directly with the existing research and development team.
We need to find someone who:
- will become comfortable with Rust, Substrate, Linux,
- will help to take different Aleph Zero modules from the conceptual modeling, through prototyping, to a target iteration,
- will feel comfortable working amongst several development teams (consensus, Substrate integration, interoperability with existing blockchains, a virtual machine for smart contracts, multi-party computation),
- can analyze and optimize the platform’s performance,
- has a basic idea of running tests in a distributed environment,
- can write technical documents for users, external teams, and communities.
What will help you get there?
- experience in Rust and Substrate is not required but would be a significant advantage,
- basics of networking: TCP/IP, gossip protocols, building communication graphs,
- basic knowledge of algorithms and data structures,
- concurrent algorithms and distributed systems,
- software testing,
- CPU and memory optimizations,
- experience in git,
- at least a B2/C1 written and spoken English.
What you’ll get in return:
- a fast-paced tech startup working environment;
- involvement in an original, innovative, and well-funded project;
- flexible working hours;
- competitive salary and $AZERO tokens from the team token allocation;
- private health insurance;
- ability to work remotely as well as in our offices in Switzerland and Poland.
Your application has been successfully submitted.