This job is no longer accepting applications.
district0x is a global organization developing the next generation of decentralized applications (dApps). Built using Ethereum, Aragon, and IPFS, district0x is a network of marketplace dApps known as districts. Our mission is to decentralize the ownership structure of the world's marketplace by providing a platform for the creation, operation, and governance of peer-to-peer marketplaces.
Summary of Position: The district0x tech stack is driven in the backend by smart contracts developed in Solidity and deployed to the Ethereum blockchain, and in the front end by Clojurescript, React, and Re-frame served via the Interplanetary File System and a Clojure server linked via GraphQL.
As a Solidity Developer, your primary goal is to create new and secure services written in Solidity, and develop automated test cases for these services, serving as the foundation of new districts on the district0x network. Your secondary goal will be to build scalability infrastructure and solutions for both our new and our extant applications. Solidity Developers should work independently when building, but must collaborate with other developers in order to check each other's work and maintain the highest standards of code quality. A great Solidity Developer will go above and beyond by building new and unique user experiences, and automating any routines for the business at large.
- Establish a clean and efficient development, test, and production environment.
- Deliver secure, high quality smart contracts in Solidity.
- Write and implement test suites covering the full range of code functionality.
- Collaborate with the team to define architecture, quality standards, and best practices.
- Diligently document all aspects of open-source contributions.
- Create unique solutions to dApp-specific user experience challenges.
- Build cutting-edge scalability solutions for the Ethereum network.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years of experience developing in Solidity or on Ethereum - you MUST be able to demonstrate this with public repositories or contracts. No other applications will be considered.
- Working knowledge of scalability solutions, including zk-sync, optimistic rollups, or sharding.
- A passion for cryptocurrencies and other peer-to-peer technologies
Additionally, you MUST be able to:
- Speak and write English fluently
- Communicate proactively (we are 100% remote!)
- Work independently towards deadlines
- Accept a salary paid in Ether
Your application has been successfully submitted.