Director of Financial Reporting
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Director of Financial Reporting
at Paxos (View all jobs)
At Paxos, we are creating the infrastructure for a new, open financial system - one that anyone can access and participate in, and that operates efficiently. There are billions of people in the world who are unbanked or underbanked, and trillions of dollars that are locked up because of the inefficiencies of the legacy system. We envision a new system that allows any asset to move instantaneously, anywhere in the world - to unlock the potential of assets and people everywhere. Our customers include some of the biggest enterprises in the world like PayPal, Credit-Suisse and Societe Generale, and together we are upgrading the global financial system using modern blockchain and crypto technology.
Paxos is seeking a talented Director of Financial Reporting to join our accounting and finance team. Our very first Director of Financial Reporting will be in charge of our internal and external financial reporting build out in support of our growth initiatives. You have a proven track record in consolidated financial reporting and analysis, technical accounting, designing/implementing new processes, and leading cross-functional efforts with the broader team to ensure they are kept informed of new accounting standards and implications of financial transactions. You are comfortable with quickly adapting to change and will champion the advancement of processes and controls surrounding financial reporting and technical accounting.
What you will do:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for management, the board and external stakeholders
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for regulatory reporting
- Prepare financial reporting packages for management, the board and investors
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner
- Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures, and issues
- Assist in the coordination of annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors
- Assist in creating, implementing and maintaining comprehensive accounting policy documents to improve clarity and consistency
- Assist in implementing and maintaining reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements
- Perform continuous assessment of the close process and process re-engineering to reduce the timing to close the financial period
- Support month end and year end closing
- Participate in other projects as required
What you need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting
- CPA with at least 8-10 years of experience with a Big 4 accounting firm (or 5-6 years with a Big 4 accounting firm and 3+ years of relevant experience)
- Heavy exposure to SEC and financial reporting
- An excellent knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations is required combined with the ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues
- International accounting and issue recognition experience;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation
Other than these qualifications, we're hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do and can't wait to join an amazing team.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.