Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
at Paxos (View all jobs)
At Paxos, we are creating the infrastructure for a new, open financial system - one that anyone can access and participate in, and that operates efficiently. There are billions of people in the world who are unbanked or underbanked, and trillions of dollars that are locked up because of the inefficiencies of the legacy system. We envision a new system that allows any asset to move instantaneously, anywhere in the world - to unlock the potential of assets and people everywhere. Our customers include some of the biggest enterprises in the world like PayPal, Credit-Suisse and Societe Generale, and together we are upgrading the global financial system using modern blockchain and crypto technology.
Paxos is a product-led organization, with almost half of the company dedicated to product, engineering, site reliability, and security. As we plan to roll out new products and functionality, 50% of our planned headcount growth will be in our Engineering Department, and we are growing the team in New York and London.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing engineering team. Our current team is made up of 40+ engineers, with a range of experience in startups and technologies. Senior Software Engineers are responsible for building, implementing and scaling key features of Paxos’ products, and will influence technical decisions that impact our code-base. Every engineer, despite seniority, has the ability and opportunity to influence our product strategy by helping define the product features, refine system architecture, and spearhead best practices that enable a high quality product. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements.
Paxos uses a mix of open source technologies to build our products. While the exact technology or framework an engineer uses depends on the product they support, our engineers work with:
- Java, Kotlin, Go
- React.js Typescript
- Kubernetes, Terraform, Vault
What You’ll Work On:
- Depending on your technical skills, you could work on our APIs, the crypto exchange, or our blockchain settlements products. We’re constantly rolling out new features and adapting our existing products to meet user news or address technical challenges
- Partner with product managers, security engineers, and our operations team to roll out secure and scalable products
- Senior Engineers contribute to more than our product – they build up our team. Through a combination of mentoring and technical leadership, they make others better and raise the bar for all around them.
We look for Senior Software Engineers who:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Are technical experts in at least one domain like Distributed Systems, Cryptography, Databases, or AWS
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of core engineering concepts including data structures, design best practices, run-time optimizations, and algorithmic complexity
- Can understand and articulate the architecture of an entire system, including the technical trade-offs between different design implementations
- Are eager to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse team and are willing to mentor more junior members of the team
- Collaborate effectively with stakeholders across the company
- Constantly seek to learn new technologies and better ways to solve engineering challenges
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries and flexible work life balance
- Equity share in a growing business
- Unlimited PTO
- A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, and pre-tax commuter benefits, gym reimbursements
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- A fun, vibrant office environment in the Flatiron District with a smart and passionate team doing incredible things to modernize Finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.