Senior Technical Investigator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Senior Technical Investigator
at 100x Group (View all jobs)
100x is the result of the phenomenal success of BitMEX, the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today. The BitMEX trading platform represents the cornerstone of 100x. As the world's most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD per day.
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem of 100x Group companies, through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.
Purpose of This Job:
The Sr. Technical Investigator will perform the technical investigation function for BitMEX's Investigations team. They will have a cyber threat intelligence background, with experience in applying intelligence to corporate systems, data-driven decision making, and programming/scripting. They will possess a professional understanding of nation state or cyber criminal operations and motivations. They will respond to both internal and external threats to BitMEX's data, brand, intellectual property (IP) and people. They will provide procedural expertise on a day-to-day basis and will be responsible for helping to build out and mature the Investigations program.
- Lead proactive and reactive complex technical investigations into cases of internal data abuse on BitMEX's platform using forensically sound investigative methodologies.
- Help build and implement an Insider Threat Program to fit the company’s needs and goals.
- Document and present findings for consumption by management up to executive level.
- Lead the development and implementation of data access checks across various platforms to automate investigations of data abuse and exfiltration.
- Enhance our brand infringement program and framework, and identify areas to be streamlined and automated
- Help build and enhance the forensic investigations roadmap including tooling and methodologies.
- Work with our existing and future vendors on tools and systems that give Investigations the capabilities to stay ahead of new and emerging threats.
- Collection and processing of Electronic Stored Information (ESI) from servers, laptops, mobile devices, mailboxes, cloud storage and other data sources using industry standard tools.
- Understand the application of tactics, techniques, procedures, and tooling against various attack surfaces.
- Understand how threat actors operate in a corporate environment, and how to detect and create countermeasures to these actions.
- A mature, practical and rational mindset.
- 5+ years experience running technical investigations of the highest sensitivity in a fast paced environment.
- Expert level understanding and experience in technical investigations using forensically sound methodologies and software (open source and commercial).
- Understanding of the current threat landscape and ability to keep abreast of evolving tactics and techniques.
- Experience performing face to face subject interviews
- Solid forensic experience with macOS and a working knowledge of Windows and Linux.
- Building, responding to and analyzing high fidelity alerts from Amazon's AWS log sources.
- Proficient in analyzing and navigating large data sets from multiple sources.
- Exposure and familiarity with various programming and scripting languages (e.g. Golang, Python, SQL)
- Demonstrate an understanding of electronic discovery and the legal hold process.
- Experience investigating and acting on high-impact threats and online threat actors.
- Familiarity with nation state and sophisticated criminal threats
- Understanding of industry standard threat modeling (killchain, diamond model, ATT&CK)
- Experience in thinking critically and qualifying assessments with solid communications skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.