Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
100x is the result of the phenomenal success of BitMEX, the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today. The BitMEX trading platform represents the cornerstone of 100x. As the world's most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD per day.
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem of 100x Group companies, through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.
Purpose of this Job:
The role of the Infrastructure Security Engineer is to be a technical leader and provide guidance as needed on technical efforts initiated and led by the Security Engineering team, as well as to teams and projects outside of Security. The Engineer works in areas of both Corporate and Production Infrastructure Security, Identity and Access Management, Cloud Security, and Network Security.
This job requires expert knowledge in secure software development practices, common security vulnerabilities and their mitigations, as well as project planning skills.
- Proactively seek out new challenges and problems across the company plan, prioritize and engineer solutions to them.
- Respond to emerging Security Engineering issues impacting business units across the company.
- Code reviews by you across the team - your job is to make everyone better.
- You set the standard and lead by example - you set and document what you believe our engineering standards should be - because you own them.
- Holding other engineers on the team and across the company to your engineering standards.
- Regular demos of your products, the value they bring to the business and your roadmap for future development.
- Strong, proven Security Engineering background with emphasis in offensive/defensive security, systems engineering, and secure software development.
- Strong software development skills ideally in Golang and/or Rust, or Python, Ruby, C, C++, or similar.
- Deep knowledge of Amazon Web Services, GCP, and general Cloud infrastructure security.
- Demonstrated experience researching, building and implementing defensive security systems that are used against internal and external attack vectors.
- Comfortable operating across a wide variety of platforms and technologies.
- Comfortable managing a complex global infrastructure as code - managing configuration changes centrally.
Your application has been successfully submitted.