Cryptographic Services Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cryptographic Services Manager at 100x Group
100x is the result of the phenomenal success of BitMEX, the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today. The BitMEX trading platform represents the cornerstone of 100x. As the world's most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD per day.
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem of 100x Group companies, through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.
The Purpose of this Job:
The Cryptographic Services Manager is a leadership role within the Security Engineering function that manages the growth and maturity of the cryptographic tooling within the organization.
The Manager will maintain a tailored backlog of work that will drive the organization toward an ever increasing maturity level with regards to the security of the cryptographic services. The Manager will provide quarterly OKR planning against this backlog and will regularly report on progress through the use of Agile methodologies, such as Sprint planning and review sessions.
- Provide a backlog set of initiatives for her team that align with the broader goals and initiatives of the organization
- Define a set of milestones and timelines for delivering on initiatives, as well as a rationale for prioritization
- Schedule regular 1:1 meetings with her peers, direct reports, and manager
- Schedule regular team meetings for sprint reviews, planning, regular stand-up meetings
- Create reporting dashboards with TPM to track progress towards milestones, goals, and OKRs
- Collaborate with external stakeholders and teams on coordinating projects, getting project buy in, etc.
- Create and maintain quarterly budgets, including license renewals, new implementations, and consulting costs
- Work with the vulnerability management team to address infrastructure level vulnerabilities
- Collaborate with the Offensive Security team to execute purple team engagements, penetration tests, and vulnerability scanning
- 5+ years of experience in a cryptography engineering or management role
- Deep technical knowledge of modern applied cryptography, especially split key cryptography
- Strong background in security architecture and threat modeling
- Experience working with Hardware Security Modules (HSMs)
- Deep knowledge of common cryptographic implementation weaknesses and attacks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated passion for Cryptography
- Ability to manage a geographically and culturally diverse team
- Ability to balance the needs of the business with the security impact of projects and initiatives
- Be an excellent example of our core values: No BS, Attention to Detail, Power through Merit
Your application has been successfully submitted.