Senior Front-End Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Senior Front-End Engineer
at CoinDesk (View all jobs)
New York, NY
CoinDesk is the leading media platform covering the emergence of a new financial system and serving the next generation of global investing. Founded in 2013, CoinDesk is a rapidly growing company with incredible ambitions. Its journalism, research, events, and recently launched CoinDesk TV provide critical insights into emerging cryptocurrencies, blockchain, and related technologies, and the industries developing around them. Based in NYC, CoinDesk has over 85 full-time employees worldwide and is an independently run subsidiary of the Digital Currency Group, the largest investment & operating company in the blockchain technology industry. We'd love for you to join us if you're willing to take on new challenges and immerse yourself in a world of intelligent, innovative, forward-thinking and also, fun humans.
Thinkers and tinkerers at heart, we experiment and innovate, leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough user experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to investing and financial news. CoinDesk is seeking a self-driven Senior Front-End Engineer with a conscientious mentality and a commitment to innovate with high-quality work - to lead a talented software engineering team to deliver a game-changing user experience across the CoinDesk site and its multiple product offerings. We care about the details because every pixel, every line of code, and every user interaction with our products determines whether we are delivering on our commitment to producing the very best products possible. This engineer must have the technical chops to ensure that we build compelling, user-oriented solutions in an iterative methodology. Success in the role requires an innovative mind, rigorous analytical skills, and a passion for creating market-leading experiences for millions of users in financial news and fin-tech space. These are exciting times for CoinDesk, and we are redefining and redesigning the CoinDesk.com experience.
Who You Are:
- Have 5+ years of experience in web application development or software engineering using modern frameworks
- Have extensive experience with React.js and its related technologies, including Node.js
- You are motivated to learn new technologies and enjoy pushing the limits of front-end development
- A keen eye for detail and a love of delivering beautiful user experiences that prioritizes performance
- Experience with DevOps technologies like Docker, Jenkins, CircleCI, and AWS Products
- Familiarly with module bundling technologies like Webpack
- Experience mentoring and leading a team
- Communicative and collaborative with team members
- Experience in agile software development teams working iteratively with designers, product managers, and stakeholders
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field; a master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline is highly desirable.
What You'll Do:
- Build React.js web applications
- Build reusable, user-facing front-end components that are shared across other applications for rapid development and scaling to support all CoinDesk product experiences
- Write high-quality code with best practices and design patterns in mind and engage in peer code review and suggest optimization
- Collaborate with designers to implement and extend our Design System across all product and marketing components and their integration across CoinDesk.com
- Use your experience to help guide technology decisions and participate in technical architecture discussions
- Work with your partners from different teams and disciplines to create a scalable product
- Consult with your product partners to form sprint goals and break work into atomic units
- Reason logically and creatively, identifying problems, drawing valid conclusions from the data available, and develop practical solutions while applying creative thinking in the design and development of high-performing web applications
- Help define engineering best practices and provide technical mentorship
- Work with project managers to ensure that all project deliverables are on time and of high quality
- Assist in rapid prototyping of design concepts to prove and test ideas with end-users
Your application has been successfully submitted.