This job is no longer accepting applications.
at CoinDesk (View all jobs)
New York, NY
CoinDesk is the leading media platform covering the emergence of a new financial system and serving the next generation of global investing. Founded in 2013, CoinDesk is a rapidly growing company with incredible ambitions. Its journalism, research, events, and soon to launch CoinDesk TV provide critical insights to emerging cryptocurrencies, blockchain and related technologies, and the industries developing around them. Based in NYC, CoinDesk has over 85 full-time employees worldwide and is an independently run subsidiary of the Digital Currency Group, the largest investment & operating company in the blockchain technology industry. We'd love for you to join us if you're willing to take on new challenges and immerse yourself in a world of intelligent, innovative, forward-thinking and also, fun humans.
Design thinking and user experience are at the forefront of everything we do. The work of a Product Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, exciting, and even magical. In a Product Designer role, you'll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use designs for CoinDesk users around the world, from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Editors, Researchers, Engineers, and Product Managers throughout the design process, from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our CoinDesk users need, advocate for them, and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
- You have a bachelor's degree in a UX-related field (human-computer interaction, human factors, behavioral research, or graphic design) or equivalent practical experience.
- You have experience in designing mobile interfaces from pre-launch to post-launch.
- A true product designer at heart, you love building, contributing, and maintaining the Design System and the overall brand language.
- You demonstrate excellent layout design skills and the ability to convey complex ideas in a straightforward, simple, and visually elegant manner.
- You possess a strong analytical thinking and deductive skills.
- You are knowledgeable in Usability Testing Principles.
- You are very well versed in design and UX software (e.g., Figma, Invision, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Lucidchart)
- You are knowledgeable in interaction design and information architecture.
- You have a strong portfolio of design projects.
- Your work demonstrates an understanding of website usability/web optimization, UX, and responsive designs.
- You can manage high work volumes, process multiple projects simultaneously, and follow up on projects with a strong sense of urgency.
- You are collaborative and organized with strong communication skills
What You'll Do:
- Sketch, wireframe, prototype, and test designs early and often.
- Partner with product, engineering, and editorial on creating working versions (prototype) designed to get user feedback.
- Work with other designers to raise the quality bar and contribute to our design system of components, styles, and interactions.
- Partner with product managers to define a project roadmap that directs the entire team.
- Work closely with engineers to build, iterate on, and ship concepts.
- Partner with UX researcher and product managers during the discovery phase to conduct user research and competitive analysis.
- Advocate product design processes, principles, and tools to colleagues.
- Create and manage UX documentation, including wireframes, storyboards, and sitemaps.
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends.
Your application has been successfully submitted.