Director of Data
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we’re growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In less than a decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1200 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the role
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America, South America and Europe
Kraken is expanding its data team! This is an incredible opportunity to join a market leader in the hottest global industry. With growth rates and innovation opportunities not seen since the early internet days, Kraken is positioned to win. This role will be responsible for a critical aspect of the business and will play a significant role expanding Kraken’s business, while working alongside the brightest minds in the crypto industry. This position will be a cornerstone of the product team working with internal and external engineers and technologists, designers, business leadership, partners and customers. We are building a data team of highly motivated self-starters who possess sound business acumen, make data-driven decisions, and clearly communicate their vision and plans to others. We are seeking people who are professional but know how to have fun too!
You will be the product owner of Kraken’s data related products. The cross-functional leader that establishes Kraken’s data as a product. You define, measure, validate and reconcile all products and line-of-business data for the teams that require it. You develop a deep understanding of Kraken’s products, a deep empathy for customers and a clear vision of how the product should evolve.
You have a proven track record of leading and scaling data analytics products. You are a self-starter, results driven and passionate to drive success of products at Kraken using the power of data analytics.
- Lead the data team focused on improving Kraken’s products and services using the power of data analytics.
- Hire, manage, and grow a team of data analysts and data scientists and help them reach their full potential.
- Develop and own the product strategy, roadmap, and business plan for Kraken’s data and data products.
- Conceive, build, and launch high-quality products that connect and grow the crypto economy
- Build innovative data and machine learning tools for Kraken’s clients and also for internal stakeholders.
- Define features and metrics for Kraken’s products, working closely with product, engineering and Kraken’s data science and analytics teams.
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to define and develop detailed product and business requirements and specifications, user stories, wireframes, and process flows.
- Drive product development from feasibility to launch, and ensure products are built to specifications.
- Be a data evangelist and be well informed about industry leading data science and analytics practises.
- 12 or more years of experience within data analytics and data science field
- 6 or more years of management experience with direct reports under your guidance and leadership
- Thought leader crafting innovation in analytics space
- Experience applying data science techniques and knowledge, and building data science products.
- Experience defining strategy and vision of a technical product.
- Strong grasp of information architecture and flow
- Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with a keen attention to detail
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and experience interacting with diverse personalities
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Deep understanding of project management principles and best practices
- Knowledge of blockchain data
- Prior crypto, trading, gaming or banking experience
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We put the power in your hands to buy, sell and trade digital currency.