Security Training Program Lead
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we’re growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In less than a decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1200 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the Role
Kraken Security is seeking a Training Program Lead to design and implement a best-in-class security awareness training program. This role will work closely with the Team’s leadership to collect both technical and practical security concepts that would benefit from consistent education support.
Initial scope of training includes a formal security awareness curriculum for all employees, defensive coding training for developers, specific technical focused talks, and other event-based activities including periodic CTFs. The ideal candidate will creatively design education campaigns to further drive forward Kraken's security culture and vigilance from the employees up.
- Defining training course requirements
- Overseeing defensive coding program: CBTs and CTFs
- Communicating and tracking implementation from roll-out to compliance
- Interfacing with education content providers
- Overseeing content provider integration with LMS
- Maintaining internal security write-ups for employees to implement in their personal lives
- More focused contribution to external security write-ups and guides
- Overall cultivation of our Kraken security culture
- 3+ years experience working in information security
- 3+ years experience building and managing security education programs, giving educational talks, etc..
- Strong understanding of modern technology concepts
- Ability to organize information into an easy-to-understand and logical hierarchy
- Self-driven, with strong time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Curiosity and presence to collaborate cross-functionally with people in all ranks, teams, and disciplines across the company
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We put the power in your hands to buy, sell and trade digital currency.