Software Engineer - Enterprise API Engineering
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we’re growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In less than a decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1200 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the Role
This is a fully remote role that can be based in Europe, North America or APAC
We are looking for an applications integrations engineer who will play a crucial role in building the next generation of Kraken’s applications and data platforms.
This strategic position will be part of a strong team that will play a pivotal role in Kraken’s ERP, HCM, financial applications and the integrations connecting them. In this role, you will work within a small workgroup to design, build, implement, iterate, support, maintain and enhance a set of enterprise platforms. You will be the primary engineer within this workgroup and responsible for technical design, helping to drive technical decisions/discussions and development. Across the workgroups you will contribute to the core integrations platform team by sharing knowledge, conducting code reviews, and partnering on projects.
We would love to talk to you: if you have a passion for tackling audacious goals within a small team; you excel as a primary contributor; and you are eager to work in a collaborative agile environment where developers are dedicated to security, efficiency and scalability.
As this is a new team you will be joining us as a Primary Enterprise API Engineer
- Build and design solutions that mitigate risk, implement security, and protect both systems and data
- Write reusable, testable and efficient code
- Construct dynamically scalable platforms capable of heavy transaction volume
- Perform data migration and write failsafe routines
- Work closely within your workgroup to prioritize and build your team’s short and long term roadmap
- Provide technical expertise and leadership aimed at delivering long term business needs into high quality, scalable, secure systems enabling Kraken's dynamic growth in a strategic manner
- Manage system enhancement projects from design through implementation: expect to get into the details - this role will require analysis, design, development, testing, hot fixes, and releases
- Implement, refine, and enforce software development techniques to ensure that the delivered features meet software integration, performance, security, and maintainability expectations
- Building, enhancing, evaluating and maintaining systems or software applications by performing the full range of moderately complex development and support duties
- Strong experience and knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Strong experience with JAVA, Golang, Python or NodeJS (HCM/HRIS platform space considered a plus)
- Knowledge of UNIX systems, (bash scripting is a plus)
- Experience with XML, XSLT, SOAP based Web Services
- Experience with ERP (SAP, Oracle, Netsuite or Microsoft) platforms with a focus on the general ledger
- Experience with data integration and ETL tools (both productized and open source)
- Experience designing and building integrations between enterprise applications
- Great knowledge of internet security issues in software design and code (cryptography, web certificates etc. considered a plus)
- Minimum 5 years of Software Engineering experience
- BS Degree in Computer science or equivalent experience
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We put the power in your hands to buy, sell and trade digital currency.