Rust QA Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we’re growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In less than a decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1200 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the Role
This is a remote role, we will consider applicants based in Europe.
Our Engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. Help us continue to define and lead the industry.
As a Rust QA Software Engineer at Kraken, you'll be tasked with maintaining and developing in-house automated test software in order to fully rely on automated testing for Websocket and Rest APIs, as well as internal services.
- Develop and maintain automated test cases using Rust
- Where appropriate develop and maintain tests in Gherkin
- Lead the development and maintenance of inhouse Rest, Websockets and Microservice test tooling
- Contentiously expand and improve testing across multiple parts of the system in order to fully rely on automated testing
- Create highly reusable test steps that can be easily used by others to write test cases
- Advocate for quality in all aspects of our product
- Write tickets for failed test cases
- Reporting and documentation of test results
- Some limited manual testing as assigned and to better understand new features
- Review MRs and propose additional test cases
- Collaborate with other automation engineers across the Kraken family of products to cross train and create a uniform look and feel to our testing infrastructure
- At least 1 year of QA automation experience or equivalent industry experience
- Have experience testing distributed systems / integration testing / failover testing
- Have experience using Gitlab CI/CD
- An API test developer with a passion for Quality Assurance
- Experienced in Rust is a must have
- Experienced with the Atlassian family of products (Jira, Confluence)
- Experience using Git
- Must understand the difference between buy/sell at market vs limit, must understand long and short positions as well as margin trades
- Passionate about the Kraken mission of accelerating the adoption of cryptocurrency so that the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion
Nice to haves:
- Kubernetes experience
- Experience with Kotlin/Java
- Direct QA Experience in either equities, betting exchanges, cryptocurrency exchanges, futures or options
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We put the power in your hands to buy, sell and trade digital currency.