Manager, Threat Intelligence
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Security is a primary competency at Coinbase, and the Security Operations team keeps a watchful eye over every aspect of it. Every day, we face some of the most sophisticated attackers in the world to protect tens of billions of dollars worth of digital assets and ensure that our customers and employees can enjoy a safe, trusted experience. As Coinbase scales globally, our team is scaling along with it, using a blend of tooling, automation, and strategic team growth to ensure that we’re well-equipped to protect the next billion users of crypto.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- The Security Operations group is a multi-functional organization that includes our CSIRT, Trust & Safety, and Threat Intelligence. While no two days will end up looking the same, generally speaking you’ll be responsible for the following things:
- Maturing and setting the strategic direction for our Threat Intelligence program
- Scaling a team of top-tier security researchers and intelligence analysts
- Implementing scalable processes and technology to maximize your team's efficiency
- Building deep relationships with public- and private-sector partners to create material impacts that improve the security of the cryptoeconomy
- Encouraging an intelligence cycle that increases collaboration with internal partners in Global Investigations, Compliance, and the rest of the Security organization
- Regularly communicating program metrics and impacts of investigations or threats to senior Coinbase leadership
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Some security teams have strict requirements about certifications, degrees, years of experience, and things like that. Not us! We’re more interested in the unique perspectives and expertise you’ll bring to the team, rather than the acronyms on your resume. However, you’ll be much more likely to be successful in this role if these bullet points seem like a good description of you:
- You've been leading intel or investigation teams for a while now, probably in the realm of 5+ years.
- Working with a global team and global partners doesn’t phase you.
- You’ve hired lots of effective intel analysts before, and can pick out phenomenal talent from the crowd.
- The teams you’ve managed have consistently been recognized for their performance and job satisfaction.
- You frequently get praise from your peers and coworkers about your communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You're comfortable leading highly sensitive, complex investigations to resolution (and prosecution, if necessary)
- You have effective methods to handle stress and pressure, even in high-intensity situations and environments.
Nice to haves:
- You would bring a diverse perspective to the team: for example, maybe you took an unconventional route to get into your current career.
- You’ve got a passing familiarity with blockchains and cryptocurrency, or at least a good story about how you thought about investing in Bitcoin in 2014 but decided not to.
- This isn't your first rodeo - you've built or led similar programs at FinTech, FinServ, or tech companies in the past.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The easiest place to buy and sell cryptocurrency.