Senior Hardware Engineer, Security Engineering
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
At Coinbase, maintaining a high security bar earns us the trust of millions of customers. They choose to buy, sell and store billions of dollars worth of digital assets in our products. As a Hardware Specialist on the Security Engineering team, you’ll balance maintaining and scaling the hardware used to secure our digital assets.
The Security Engineering team works closely with our engineering and security customers to build security services that keep our digital assets secure. We maintain a high security bar while reducing security friction.
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform hands-on builds and reconfigurations of Linux laptops and related peripheral devices following our security hardware specifications
- Troubleshoot hardware, firmware, and software issues
- Adopt and incorporate established standards for high-security environments in both the acquisition and destruction of hardware
- Improve and maintain process documentation and runbooks
- Discover bugs through rigorous testing of the hardware and software
- Develop and execute against test plans
- Collaborate with the team to identify and test prototype hardware
- Provide in-depth training to team members on how the technology functions and how it is enhanced to address unique business requirements
- Develop scripts and clients to interact with hardware APIs
- Design, recommend and lead new and sustaining improvements to hardware systems
What we look for in you:
- You exhibit our core values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution
- You know what high quality, secure supply chain processes look like and how to source and establish them
- You are eager to learn new tools, explore ways to solve problems, and to make processes more efficient and secure
- You can prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- You have built custom, complex laptop hardware using individual components and have installed and configured Linux operating systems
- You have experience independently troubleshooting both hardware and firmware
- You are comfortable working via command line interface
- You are comfortable developing scripts and linux based client software to interact with hardware APIs
Nice to haves:
- You have experience working in a high security and/or highly regulated industry
- You are familiar with custom Linux operating systems and/or Linux internals
- Solid understanding of computer fundamentals and hardware components
- Security experience
- IT experience
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The easiest place to buy and sell cryptocurrency.