Blockchain Engineer (Globally remote)
Note: This is a fully remote position, since we are a globally remote team.
About Kosen Labs
We are a team of ex-Google DeepMind AI researchers and engineers with extensive experience in designing and implementing cutting edge solutions to machine learning and numerical optimisation problems.
The mission of Kosen Labs is to bring the benefits of AI & advanced optimization to the DeFi space and beyond, all while keeping entry barriers low for the end user and allowing everyone to partake in the new decentralised economy.
We are funded by top-tier Silicon Valley and crypto-native VCs, such as Andreessen Horowitz and Framework Ventures.
We are looking for an ambitious Blockchain Engineer to join the growing Kosen Labs Engineering team. As a Blockchain Engineer you will work with our senior team members to develop and implement secure smart contract protocols and backend services to connect users with the Kosen ML ecosystem. The work will initially focus on the major DeFi protocols, primarily different AMMs and derivative protocols.
Working hands on, in an environment that fosters learning and development, you start contributing to core initiatives from the get go. We see ourselves as builders of a new world where merging AI and blockchain technology is at the forefront of what we are doing.
• Working independently on software development tasks;
• Contributing to the design of algorithms;
• Writing clean, straightforward, efficient code that satisfies acceptance criteria and specifications;
• Committing and submitting frequently small pull requests;
• Fixing bugs in your own code and in legacy code from others;
• Troubleshooting, debugging and upgrading existing software;
• Writing documentation for the code.
Skills and Experience
• General knowledge of blockchain technology;
• Understanding of how EVM-based chains work;
• Proven 3+ years of experience in software or hardware engineering;
• At least 1 year of Solidity development experience;
• Good knowledge of development frameworks like Truffle, Hardhat or Brownie;
• Experience with web3.js or ethers.js;
• Experience with OpenZeppelin libraries;
• Experience using TDD methodologies;
• Basic financial knowledge;
• Familiarity with smart contract exploits.
Nice to have:
• Experience with DeFi protocols;
• Quant finance background;
• Basic understanding of machine learning technology.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Rigorous attention to detail and a desire to deliver high-quality work;
• Self-motivated with a passion for continuous improvement and learning;
• Willingness to adapt to a variable role and a great can-do attitude.
• Competitive salary;
• Equity and token allocation;
• Remote-first, flexible, and fun working environment;
• Unlimited time off;
• A new shiny laptop for your role;
• Occasional paid travel costs to conferences and off-sites.
Your application has been successfully submitted.