Senior Software Engineer , Tools
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Senior Software Engineer , Tools
BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. In 2020, BitGo launched Prime Trading and Lending, as well as BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes over 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 250 coins and tokens. BitGo’s customer base includes the world's largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will join our team in the United States.
o Improving our existing build, test, and deployment procedures
o Building libraries and frameworks to accelerate development workflows
o Collaborating with other Engineering teams and automating away pain points
o Implementing a scalable API documentation solution for BitGo’s API-driven clients and developers
o Revising existing workflows or creating new ones to leverage advances in best-known methods
o Minimizing feedback loops in all aspects of the development lifecycle
o Demonstrating and instilling a mindset of measuring, iterating, and improving
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, transparency, taking ownership, and high level of craftsmanship. We are looking for coworkers who share our vision and mission: deliver trust in digital assets.
• 5+ years of professional experience as a software developer
• Write clean and maintainable code using engineering best practices
• Experience with build systems and CI/CD
• Strong technical writing skills
• Comfortable working with ambiguity and taking initiative
• Eager to learn and adopt new technologies
• An eye for wasted motion and over-trained users
• Expertise in a statically-typed language like TypeScript, Rust, OCaml, Haskell, Scala
• You have experience maintaining Open Source Software
• You can point to an example of your technical writing
• Familiarity with Kubernetes, Nix, chezmoi
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits* of working at BitGo:
• Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
• 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
• 4% 401k company match
• Paid parental leave, paid vacation
• Free commute and parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
• Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
• Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
• Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
*Benefits vary based on location
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Institutional digital asset custody, trading, and finance