Senior Unreal Engine Developer
Senior Unreal Engine Developer
Netvrk is a social virtual world and platform, with powerful creation tools and infrastructure to easily create, share, experience, and monetize creations With a focus on gaming, education, and virtual workplaces, built around ownership of virtual land and assets.
Help us build the Netvrk metaverse! The Netvrk Studio is a revolutionary design and research team working on the forefront of new experiences for our customers in VR experiences with socializing, exploration, gaming, and working We collaborate in a customer-driven environment where our decisions are grounded in responsible design, creating innovative experiences that make a better place for every one of our users If you’re passionate about technology, have a knack for creative ideas, and lead with a growth mindset, we want to hear from you!
Join us, and you’ll be a part of a passionate community of VR, Blockchain, and Game Design professionals, working on one of the most exciting, highest-impact virtual experiences in the world! We’re a fast-growing team and we want people who bring all kinds of experience to the table. We want talented, passionate people to help point the way to the future of virtual connectivity. If that's you, let’s go!
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Unreal Engine Developer who is highly collaborative, communicative, and self-motivated. The ideal candidate has a passion for game development and will own game-specific backend features, data engineering, architectural, and infrastructure work on our projects. This position is full-time and a fully remote position.
• You have a passion for programming and optimizing games, and you enjoy exploring and mastering new development challenges
• Tackle industry leading technical problems, driving both the vision for and the solutions to those challenges
• Work closely with leadership, artists, and developers from specification through production
• Reviewing and ensuring the technical quality of all major project milestones
• Be the expert in code related questions and topics when it comes to the Unreal Engine and C++
• Use your extensive expertise in game development to ensure the product is fun and meets the highest standards of quality, performance, and polish
• Make recommendations on best practices for development in the Unreal Engine
• You understand the mindset of gamers which enables you to create and implement features that will further benefit the game
• 5+ years professional development experience in the games industry
• Have shipped at least one product using Unreal Engine
• You must have deep Unreal Engine experience and proven C++ game-development skills
• Demonstrated ability to be a thought-leader in an engineering department
• Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, complexity, and system design
• Basic game math fundamentals (vectors, matrices, physics, projections, camera space, tangent space, object space)
• Solid understanding of software design patterns
• Good working knowledge of source control, including best practices (branching/streams)
• A practice of code instrumentation, tools, and development KPIs
• Experience with Perforce and JIRA/Confluence
• Experience with build systems, continuous integration and deployment
• A background working with asset management systems, asset bundles, and in particular downloadable content (DLC)
• VR development experience is a plus, but not required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.