BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. Active in both centralized and decentralized finance, BitGo offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services through its prime brokerage services and acts as the custodian for WBTC, with more than $9 billion in custody and circulation. In 2020, BitGo launched BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes approximately 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 400 coins and tokens. BitGo’s customer base includes the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the SDK team within the Blockchain Unit to help us build our next generation of SDKs. new features and applications for our enterprise clients. BitGo processes a significant amount of cryptocurrency transactions so our applications need to be fast, accurate, scalable, and secure. Our integrated platforms interact with a number of exchanges, agencies, and governments around the world, and we use the best technology the industry offers to build them.
• Build strong, resilient, and modular open-source and internal libraries to power our blockchain services: hot and cold wallets, indexing, staking, and broadcasting services among others
• Own the core SDK functionality and scalability features by taking responsibility from inception to deployment and customer integration
• Expose and document functionality to the open-source dev community
• Collaborate closely with all engineering teams and the open-source community to ensure consistency in understanding technical requirements
• Take direct responsibility for the quality, the release process, and distribution of the SDK
• Provide mentorship to your peers in the broader engineering team through code reviews and education on best practices
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, transparency, ownership, and a high level of craftsmanship. We are looking for coworkers who share our vision and mission: deliver trust in digital assets.
• At least 5 years of experience developing SDKs, libraries, or backend development
• Strong experience with the NPM release process and semantic versioning
• Knowledge of best practices around monorepo packages
• Experience in Git/GitHub and branching methodologies, code review tools, CI tools, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
• Great with unit and functional testing and debugging
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, applied mathematics, or another technical discipline from a top university
• Great at algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience in microservices architecture
• Experience with RESTful API design
• Familiarity with Kubernetes, and Docker
• Experience with message brokers like Kafka or RabbitMQ
• Understanding and strong interest in cryptocurrencies and the blockchain industry
• Understanding and experience working in the financial industry
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits* of working at BitGo:
• Competitive base salary, bonus, and stock options
• 100% company paid health insurance for employees, partner,s and dependents
• Up to 4% 401k company match
• Paid parental leave, Paid vacation
• Free commuter/parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
• Free custom lunches, dinners, and snacks
• Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
• Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
• *Benefits may vary based on location.
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Institutional digital asset custody, trading, and finance