Lead Web Developer
Lead Web Developer
About the job
We believe that crypto gaming and NFTs present an immense opportunity and are looking for people who share the same belief.
Our web development team is looking for its lead web developer. This person will be responsible for creating the next generation of NFT experiences and crypto games. Responsibilities include not only design and implementation but also growing and leading a team of highly capable web developers. The ideal candidate is strong technically, has led teams in the past, and has a passion for games and NFTs.
Task & Responsibilities
• We have multiple in-house and external organizations with which you’ll be in partnership. Being able to collaborate with different groups (product, creative, other engineering teams) is key to success.
• We’re building applications with blockchain in mind. Being able to integrate with blockchains through various wallet providers is a must.
• We’ll be utilizing our strength in art and visualization so being able to implement creative UI with out-of-box or custom widgets and animations is going to be very important.
• Defining and implementing a scalable, structured, and modular code base for web apps will set the necessary foundation for future projects.
• Implementing business intelligence capabilities (analytics) and other technical diagnostics (crash reporting, logging, etc) is vital for product health and maintenance.
• Being a core pillar to the engineering organization, you’ll need to be able to hire and lead multiple direct reports, collaborate with peer leads, and manage expectations upwards.
• Your thought leadership on web application development best practices, software, and tools will help keep the team up to speed and current.
• A degree holder in Computer Science, a related discipline, or experience to offset this.
• 5+ years professional engineering experience, ideally in games.
• 3+ years of web development experience, ideally in React.
• Having publicly-viewable web applications and being able to step through your implementation considerations will be highly useful
• Experience with web-based 3d and 2d game/rendering technologies (e.g. three.js, pixi.js, etc.).
• Experience working with technical artists and 3d artists and the creative pipeline in general.
• Experienced in growing/leading/managing a team of developers.
• Project management skills (agile-family processes highly preferred)
• Solid exposure to blockchain/NFTs and the crypto space in general is a must.
• Development involvement with previous crypto projects is a big plus (wallet integration, blockchain introspection, etc.)
• Experienced and comfortable with remote team dynamics, process, and tools (Slack, Zoom, etc.)
Your application has been successfully submitted.