Lead Blockchain Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Lead Blockchain Engineer
About the job
We believe that crypto gaming and NFTs present an immense opportunity and are looking for people who share the same belief.
Our blockchain development team is looking for its lead blockchain developer. This person will be responsible for the design and implementation of first-party crypto products as well as working with our partners to deliver a secure, scalable, and efficient experience for our NFT products. Responsibilities include not only design and implementation but also growing and leading a team of highly capable blockchain developers. The ideal candidate is strong technically, has led teams in the past, and has a passion for games and NFTs.
Task & Responsibilities
• We’ll be creating both NFT and crypto gaming products. Writing smart contracts will be a staple day-to-day activity.
• We want to be able to create applications across as many blockchains as possible. You must be able to routinely pick up other blockchain smart contract languages.
• We plan on pushing smart contracts to the limit. Establishing best practices for scalability and modularity will set the necessary foundation for future projects.
• Executing best testing practices (local development environment and test networks) is paramount to smart contract quality. A test-driven development philosophy is highly valuable.
• We have multiple in-house and external organizations with which you’ll be in partnership. Being able to collaborate with different groups (product, creative, other engineering teams) is key to success.
• Being a core pillar to the engineering organization, you’ll need to be able to hire and lead multiple direct reports, collaborate with peer leads, and manage expectations upwards.
• Your thought leadership on blockchain development best practices, software, and tools will help keep the team up to speed and current.
• A degree holder in Computer Science, a related discipline, or experience to offset this.
• 5+ years professional engineering experience.
• 2+ years crypto experience.
• Ability to design and implement smart contracts on at least one major blockchain is a must.
• Thorough knowledge of decentralized application design patterns is required.
• Development involvement with previous crypto projects is a big plus
• Experienced in growing/leading/managing a team of developers.
• Project management skills (agile-family processes highly preferred)
• Experienced and comfortable with remote team dynamics, process, and tools (Slack, Zoom, etc.)
Your application has been successfully submitted.