PRINCIPAL CRYPTO ENGINEER
PRINCIPAL CRYPTO ENGINEER
If you're a developer who lives and breathes Ethereum, help take Ethereum's hardware wallet to the next level. GridPlus is looking for an experienced software engineer to handle the responsibility of implementing new crypto standards and features across the software stack used by the Lattice1 hardware wallet.
If you're passionate about blockchain privacy and security, GridPlus wants your leadership to guide the Lattice1 through the next stage of its evolution!
- Develop new features in the GridPlus SDK (https://github.com/GridPlus/gridplus-sdk) and keep it in sync with changes to Lattice1 firmware.
- For as long as necessary, maintain the GridPlus MetaMask fork (https://github.com/GridPlus/metamask-extension) as the SDK is updated. Specifically, keep the fork up to date with the official MetaMask version and also make sure the GridPlus keyring (https://github.com/GridPlus/eth-lattice-keyring) and GridPlus SDK are up to date.
- Lead and manage other third party wallet integrations across multiple chains, supporting the unique needs of each platform unmet by today's hardware security options.
- Oversee development of feature development pertaining to crypto standards in Lattice1 firmware (embedded C). You won’t need to write firmware code (bonus points if you do) but you are the source of crypto knowledge and will be expected to direct firmware engineers when new standards are implemented (e.g. EIP712).
- Work with Lattice1 software engineers to ensure all codebases remain in sync and, when possible, are fully backward compatible. Essentially, make sure no component gets updated that will lead to loss of functionality for existing users unless absolutely necessary.
- Develop new features for the GridPlus Web Wallet (https://github.com/GridPlus/wallet-web) as they arise in firmware. These will primarily be related to providing a more robust UI for certain Lattice1 firmware features as they are developed (e.g. loading secure data, setting permissions).
- Deep and extensive technical understanding of crypto and specifically the Ethereum ecosystem (developer tools, integration frameworks, EIP standards, etc)
- Track record of managing complexity and producing software using best practices, especially the management of multiple disparate software components.
- Willingness to oversee complexity and the ability to balance multiple code bases concurrently.
- Ideal candidate is based in time zones ranging from UTC -9 to +1
Your application has been successfully submitted.